The iPhone 5 is finally coming out. This is not rumor, no guesswork, no fuzzy photo taken by someone allegedly holding an iPhone 5 prototype.
The technology firm is staying tight-lipped, but invitations have gone out for "a special event" in central London next Tuesday which say "Let's talk iPhone".
iPhone 5 is expected to come pre-installed with iOS 5, which has more than 200 new features including Notification Center, iMessage, Newsstand and Reminders.
Along with iOS 5, Apple would release iCloud that stores user's music, photos, apps, calendars, documents in cloud and wirelessly pushes them to all iOS devices.
SEE ALSO: Top 10 Clever Features seen on iPhone 5
Here are the iPhone 5 upgrades expected:
- More memory: Possibly 1GB of memory, twice the amount in the iPhone 4.
- Higher-resolution camera: likely 8-megapixel versus current 5MP.
- Near-Field Communication (NFC): for virtual wallets. Possible but not certain.
- Voice control: speculation says new tech will allow voice navigation.
- Improved graphics: similar to Imagination's PowerVR SGX543 graphics silicon used in the iPad 2.
- Dual-core Apple A5 chip: a virtual certainty that the iPhone 5 will get a boost in chip performance.
- iOS 5: new iOS with iMessage, tabbed browsing and lots more.
- 3G: Qualcomm chipset that will allow connection to both CDMA and GSM networks.