Google TV making a major upgrade to Android 3.1. Plus, Google is planning to shift focus to more content-discovery features in this upgrade.
Google is aiming to complement traditional television with their new and improved Google TV. Vice president of product management Mario Queiroz and director of engineering Vincent Dureau both express in a blog post Friday that the preliminary Google TV had its flaws but was a learning opportunity for the company.
The New Google TV Experience: Photos – The all new Photos app syncs with your online photo albums so you can share favorite memories in big screen brilliance.
Google TV searches across live TV, the internet, and applications to get you right to what you want. Fast.
TV & Movies App searches across live TV and internet streaming video sites let you access content in one place.
Google TV Personal Media Support
- It works with your home network and supports DLNA
- Support for many popular media formats
- H.264 (MP4, MKV, MOV, AVCHD, 3GP), MPEG-4 part 2 (MP4, DIVX, AVI, 3GP) WMV (ASF, AVI)
- MP3, AAC, Vorbis/OGG, MIDI, PCM/WAV, WMA, FLAC
- JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP
- Other formats supported
- 720P and 1080P HD resolution (720P only in some models)
- Stereo and 5.1 multichannel audio (7.1 in some models)
- Optical S/PDIF audio output (not available in all models)
- Universal remote control
- Cable/satellite box integration
- A/V receiver support
- HDMI 1.3a (1.4 in some models) with HDCP and CEC
- 5.1 multichannel audio
- DLNA networking (varies by model)
- 802.11n WiFi with hidden SSID and WPS support
- 1GBit/sec wired ethernet port
- Static and dynamic IP
- USB 2.0 host port for enjoying personal photos, music and videos
- Search DVR
- Record to DVR with one click
- Integration with apps
- Not available with all providers; check with your provider for details
- Additional provider charges may apply
View: Google TV Website